In preparation of this week’s tournament I had a three hour practice session.
Here’s what I worked on:
- During the Pro-Am in Germany I realized I wasn’t making anything from mid-range.
- I worked on my setup and realized I was too far away from the ball. Also, I worked on making the position of my right hand more neutral (inspired by Rory’s remarks after winning Deutsche Bank).
- On the practice green I managed to hole out each of the 9 holes in sequence in under 18 strokes (-1 and -2 in my two series).
- Continued to work on distance control, focusing on hitting my landing spot and switching between targets to create more feel.
- Full swing
- Worked on rhythm
- Worked on applying the 7 steps program and increasing forward shaft lean
- Focused on ensuring my hips close the club face after impact based on Darren Klassen’s Power Point concept (more on that later)